1900 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, California 90067
Catherine D. Holmes is Chair of the JMBM Investment Capital Law Group, and she has practiced law at JMBM for over 30 years. She has also worked as a senior member of the JMBM Global Hospitality Group and JMBM Chinese Investment Group. Within the Investment Capital Law Group, she helps real estate developers and business owners, brokers, investment advisers and investment managers raise and manage investment capital from U.S. and non-U.S. investors. In the last five years, she has represented over 100 real estate developers obtain financing through the EB-5 immigrant investor visa program for the development of hotels, multi-family and mixed use developments throughout the U.S. She has also acted as lead counsel on numerous hotel and mixed-use developments and transactions in the U.S., Europe, China, South America and Asia Pacific regions, as well as hotel management and franchise agreements and public-private hotel developments. She has also represented private investment fund managers, registered securities broker-dealers and investment advisers on securities offerings, business transactions and regulatory compliance issues.
- Counsel to EB-5 fund sponsor raising $70 million in EB-5 financing for 400 unit multi-family project in New York
- Counsel to EB-5 fund sponsor raising $44 million in EB-5 financing for Washington D.C. hotel development
- Counsel to developers of multiple mixed use development projects in San Francisco and Oakland raising over $300 million EB-5 financing in separate offerings
- Counsel to multiple hotel developers in separate offerings raising over $250 million in EB-5 financing for New York City Hotels
- Counsel to hotel and mixed use developers in the States of Washington, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Texas raising over $200 million in EB-5 financing
- Counsel to Chinese purchaser of 800 room Los Angeles Hotel
- Counsel to major U.S. City in connection with negotiation of hotel management contract for 1000 room convention center hotel
- Counsel to major Taiwanese public company in connection with purchase of all assets of the Regent Hotels brand, including hotel management agreements and related agreements for hotels located in Asia, Europe and the Caribbean.
- Counsel to major hotel brand in connection with development of hotels in the U.S., Central America, Asia and Africa.
- Counsel to multiple securities broker dealers and investment advisers in connection with business transactions and regulatory compliance issues . Assisted national securities brokerage firm to acquire regional broker businesses.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- March 8, 2014 Speaker at Las Vegas EB-5 Conference hosted by eb5 investors.com – The Regional Center Roller Coaster
- June 19, 2013 Speaker at Annual Conference of Association to Invest in the USA (“IIUSA”), EB-5 National Regional Center Trade Organization, on Visitor Spending Job Creation for EB-5 Hotel Financing
- May 14, 2013 Speaker at JMBM Annual Meet the Money Conference on EB-5 Financing for Hotel Development
- May 9, 2012 Speaker at JMBM Annual Meet the Money Conference on EB-5 Financing for Hotel Development
- 2013 Speaker at 9th Annual Real Estate Syndication Summit in Los Angeles
- 2012 Speaker at International Investment and Economic Development Forum in Los Angeles
- 2012 Taiwanese Hotel-Motel Owners Association Meeting: EB-5 Financing
- 2012 Speaker at Los Angeles Business Managers Group: Investment Adviser Laws and Regulations
- 2011 Speaker at Artisan Business Group: The National EB-5 Investment Boot Camp
Click here to view Catherine Holmes’ complete biography.